Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Oh You've Got Blue Eyes ...


Oh you've got grey eyes ...


Actually, ALL the pups have blue eyes. And by "all" I mean all puppies everywhere. But Marsha and Mike have blue-blue, sky-blue eyes. That means when the other puppies' eyes turn brown, Marsha and Mike's will remain blue.

Mike did not cooperate with the photo shoot as he was asleep. Which is GREAT! I *love* it when they are asleep, as it no longer happens often enough.

You can't tell from this horribly unflattering photo, but Marsha is going to be a knock out.

All of the puppies, in fact, are very attractive little dogs.

Big boy Bobby

Squealy, AKA Picasso

The time of puppy dominated photo blogging is rapidly coming to an end. And I don't mean in the grand scheme of things, I mean this in a most literal sense. I am actively looking for an alternate foster home for Mona and her babes now.

The puppies are 31 days old and are outgrowing my apartment. I've expanded their xpen area by another third but can literally make it no larger - it's now an obstacle course to access my kitchen and I'm practically sitting on them while I type this. And whenever I type, I'm almost sitting on my bed as it is. In other words, this town ain't big enough for the (nine) of us.

Raising puppies is a lot of work when, as my good pal Mike pointed out, you do it properly. These pups are heavily socialized by my friends and family and me. I spend a lot of time interacting with them and otherwise trying to make sure they are well adjusted. I rotate their toys daily and introduce them to something new every day. But there are only so many hours in a day and too many of them are devoted to the puppies for me to get on with life. And surprisingly, life takes up a lot of time as well. My own dogs are suffering from a lack of attention and time and I am suffering from a lack of sleep. Cookie Uncle helps me out by exercising my dogs, and Auntie Jody helps me out by coming in mid day to feed and play with them. But I still feel like I'm not doing enough and that the pups deserve more.

I've really enjoyed sharing the growth process with you all! But blog fodder is not a good enough reason to keep these pups crammed into my small living space if there is an alternative for them.

If you are in the Vancouver area and think you might be interested in taking Mona and puppies home for the next 4 weeks, please email me and we can chat!

10 comments:

gracehoper said...

Nice shot of Blackie. He looks positively regal. (though Mike is still my favorite)I applied to foster but live too far (for fostering but hopefully not for adoption). Even though it will be nice to get your apt back, I think you might miss them.

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about raising puppies or tasks involved as I've always had adult border rescue dogs. I hope you find someone who meets your requirements and is able to do the job properly. I'm sure you will miss the little blighters but a good nights sleep and normal house rhythm sounds good.

I didn't know puppies were like people when it comes to eye colour at birth. I will miss puppy updates, but this just means more pics of Tweed.

Anonymous said...

Every time I go to your blog, I fall in love with a different puppy. For a while it was Cindy, now it is Bobby. I hope you will be able to keep photographing them as they develop personalities.

If I lived near you, I would be tempted to foster them - which, in all honesty, makes me glad I don't live near you. Gracie seconds that! Best of luck finding a foster home for them - just don't send us all into withdrawal.

Info Goddess said...

I wish I could help you out but I live too far away (and my husband would kill me!). I hope you find somewhere for them before too long!

Anonymous said...

You have done a good thing, taking on the full-time task of puppy socialization and intro to the world. I'll miss puppy pics but there will be new 3 W and a W photos! yay!

Robin

Anonymous said...

Not a chance in hell they can come here, but I am able to come by and help with the cleaning/washing/nail trimming/socializing until they find another foster home.

Jody said...

I feel like I'm in need of a better nickname since Auntie Jody isn't a nickname at all. Cookie Uncle, Food Lady...hmmm.

Ben & Darling said...

Oh the black pup looks like my dog that I had few years back.

ACB said...

Yes I'll foster! Ship them via Priority Mail to south Texas! I'm sorry, that was awful of me to get your hopes up. Besides, I think my Great Dane might kill them "playing" with them. He's been known to accidentally knock off a possum or two because the lil bastard couldn't keep up with his enthusiasm. Otherwise he's a pussycat. Best of luck to you and I'm sending good fostering juju vibes!!

LabRat said...

I wish I could take them all (including Woo) but I live too far away. Besides, I don't trust Janie - she might eat them. They are stunning pups! I bet you will miss them, though.
Sending good foster vibes your way.