Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Up Yours, Summer!!

We don't need no stinkin' sunshine to have a good time. Stupid summer wants to play hide and seek? FINE. We'll go to the park without it.


It was not sunny. And it was windy. So windy, someone's toupee blew up on the grass.

Woo took on a greyhound.
And he won.
Never underestimate the power of The Woo.

So anyway ... I'm not one to brag, but I have really graceful dogs. Like uncommonly graceful. I don't want you to be envious, I just want you to appreciate the finesse, the poise, the dignity of these fine animals.

"I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground."

"It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a."

"OH.MY.GOD. GETINMYMOUTH!!!"

Just when you thought I couldn't come up with anything new and interesting for Beach Time, I reach into my bag of tricks and whip out the FedEx frisbee. ("Germany 2006" is permanently retired. It's laying as flat as bad dog ears in the back of my van.)

Woo demonstrates just how flat.

Woo finds - or rather found, since the frisbee snapped in half before the end of the visit - the FedEx frisbee to be almost as engaging as "Fifa". There was even bark screaming.

And there was anticipatory bouncing at the water's edge

And there were flawless dives into the ocean

And there were arguments, the kind that lead to near drownings

Tweed couldn't watch
(or "do I offend?")

He fought the frisbee, and failed. He knows what a tough adversary it can be. Can't you see how traumatized he is?


But as usual, Woo emerged the victor, He's so saucy.


Victory dance!

"Shit. Where's the frisbee? It's not following me, is it?"

Jezus Red Dog, enough with the shaking wars already!

Oh not you too Tweed!


Piper likes FedEx frisbee too, not only because it's fun in and of itself, but also because it distracts Woo so she can enjoy an unmolested game of ball.

"I'M FREE! YIPPEEEEEEE!"

Or so she thinks (*insert JAWS theme music here*)

Annnnnnnnd out come the Mad Teeth (tm)

I don't know what Woo's doing with the frisbee here. I don't know, and I don't want to know. Is that clear?
Ditto to this photo

Poor Piper. I can't get a decent photo of her where she isn't dipped in sea water and rolled in sand. It's like she suffers eternally for the crime of not being Woo.
But don't we all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh Oh Oh. This is a GREAT entry. I was giggling the whole time I read it - my coworkers think I have lost my mind. THANK YOU for this great blog. I love it.