Friday, August 24, 2007

Life Is Merrier, With A Terrier

Harriet is as cute as a button! If you're into buttons, that is.
(I like buttons!)

This terrier was also cute and had a serious case of the Always-Zoomies

I think I have mentioned before that Greyhounds are very dignified, poised, polished etc?

VOILA!

So Parker ^^ has a little problem with swimming - she can't. I don't know if it's a greyhound specific thing, or a Parker thing, but whatever it is, it's really damn funny.

First her mum takes her out into the water ...

...and Parker treads water for a while. Then Jackie lets her go, and it's like Parker is trying to pull earth down from the skies to stand on, because her ass immediately sinks, and her front paws come way up out of the water. It's a perpendicular (and peculiar!) sort of swimming.
It's also much funnier in person. One day, I will get it on video.

So I don't know what was going on at YOUR dog beach this afternoon, but at our dog beach ...

EVERYBODY WAS KUNG-FU FIGHTING ...

Ha ha. Piper kills me.

So I hope you enjoyed these photos, because they are the last ones you'll be seeing for some time to come. Because today, my camera broke. Now when I try to take a photo, this is what I get:
I am of course referring to the GIANT BLACK BAND across the photo, and not the Scary Monster Woo in the background.

After some foot stomping and crying and feeling sorry for myself and general bad-moodedness, I googled the issue and I *think* it's a problem with springs and mirrors (hoo boy, that takes me back to my youth! But I digress).

So my camera is now dead to me. And you. I can send it in for repair, and hope it can be fixed. If it can't, we will hold a funeral for Three Woofs And A Woo (the blog, not the actual dogs) because I'm poor and can't afford another camera. Are there no pledge drives for photographers who are down on their luck?

*sigh*

Woe is me.

So I bid you farewell the now, devoted fans of the Border(and-line) Collies, and we hope to see you again some day.

If you would like to get in touch with us, please drop us a line at reddogphotos@shaw.ca

WE WILL MISS YOU


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!!!!!

Food Lady must fix camera. :-( I'll be sending out lots of "easy, cheap fix" vibes your way.

PSmitty

hornblower said...

We agree - it's absolutely imperative that Food Lady fix the camera. Or get another one - as an investment in her new career!

The Border Collies said...

Believe the Food Lady when she says that if she had the money, she would buy a new camera! It's a sad day at the Three Woofs household :(

Anonymous said...

Well, this just sucks!

-Laurae

Erika said...

Oh no! I am secretly addicted to your blog.
I hope it is a quick, cheap fix.

Anonymous said...

noooooooooooo!!!!!

please oh great canon (right?) gods...fix the food lady's camera IMMEDIATELY so we all can get our fix!

wish i was rich...you'd have a new one in the mail...sadly however the name is Smith not Rockefeller. sigh...

Anonymous said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Sob, whine, rant!

It is a sad day, indeed. I think we need to take up a collection for Food Lady to get her camera fixed.

:***(

The Border Collies said...

The Food Lady would like to proudly tell you that this is not necessary, but the Food lady is too poor to be proud. Please think good thoughts for Monday's trip to the camera repair store.

Le sigh.

Mr. Woo has at this moment turned into Angry Donut and Food Lady cannot even document it for their fans. Boo Hoo.

Amy said...

I was recently camera shopping and found that abesofmaine and butterflyphoto both had great prices on the camera I wanted. Maybe they do on yours too. Do we need to take up a collection so we can continue to see updates on our favorite M(yste)r(y) Woo and friends? (grin)

Anonymous said...

keep us posted...don't you at least have a crappy camera to take pics with? we don't need pro quality here...just fixes of the flamboyance, reddog, tweird, piper and the angry kitties! hell...half black is ok with me! ;-)

The Border Collies said...

I got nuthin'. It was my only camera. Stupid-Adrian-with-a-camera-that-works will have to take the photos from now on.

sooooooobbbbbbbb!!

Anonymous said...

time to take up with adrian...use him for his camera you hussy! ;-)

i'm very sad...post old pics or something...and fingers are crossed for quick, cheap, easy fixes!

Anonymous said...

Adrian has a camera! We are saved! (at least temporarily?)

Or does it go against everything Food Lady believes in to post non FL pics? Say it ain't so!

~PSmitty

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad! No daily fix of Woofs and a Woo and kittenz and witty commentary. Hope it's a quick and painless repair!

Anonymous said...

Is crime an option? We could visit you in jail if you aren't successful! I would be glad to keep Woo until you got out of the slammer!

Ben & Darling said...

What???

You going to stop the blog????

I just found this fanstatic place & you guys going to stop it?? Any other way to keep it going?? Im gonna miss all the collie & kitty.....

Anonymous said...

hey food lady...whats the news on the camera?

Anonymous said...

If they can't fix your camera, my dad is a photographer (weddings, fmily, livestock) 50k to 60k pics per year. He has a great guy who keeps his 35mm up & running despite dirt, water & sawdust & temps.

let me know if you need extra help.

gnelson_tx@yahoo.com

The Border Collies said...

You are all so SO lovely!! :)

Here are some interesting links for those of you who may entertain the thought of getting a Canon DSLR, which is what I shoot with:

http://www.billybear4kids.com/CanonRebel/Digital.shtml

http://www.shockingbird.com/index.php?action=justone&id=371

It seems this problem is not uncommon in this breed o'camera. I have shipped it off to the Canon Repair People today and they tell me it will be 10-15 business days before it comes home, once they have received it and diagnosed its issues. Hopefully, this will resolve it and TWAAW will be back up and running soon. Thank you, fans :)

Anonymous said...

that's crazy! how can they not recognize the issue when it seems its a common one? I guess you could always rip the spring out and do without autofocus if it does it again huh?

I hope my Nikon doesn't experience similar caca...and I can't wait for woofs and woos in a couple of weeks!!!

Urban Smoothie Read said...

fun time @ d beach...

n u guys know kung-fu??

oh..tat's impressive

Anonymous said...

Fingers and paws crossed the the camera gets fixed quick. Can't you just take Adrians while he isn't looking? Or even if he is looking. Just take it!! We need TWAAW!!