Sunday, April 27, 2008

Is there nothing Woo won't eat?

... and other random photos from the last week.

Tweed and Woo scrapping over the Wootie Toy.

*KAPOW!*

Oh here's a good one - a sighting of the very rare West Coast Tree Monster

Like Big Foot, this is not often photographed:

Also, Jenn's second job is as a cleaning brush for the many Sigg (tm) water bottles of Kitsilano yuppies:

Here's something you don't see too often. Piper and Jenn sitting close together/ in the vicinity of one another. These two ladies Do Not Get Along. They are much too alike.

Okay, here's what Woo ate today. Don't hate me, or him.
Bunny? Chipmunk? I dunno. I tried to save it; tackled Woo and pried this out of his mouth, but it was too late and it gasped its last in my hands. Woo is VERY BAD and also, very hungry.

This doesn't look like the face of a stone cold killer, does it?
He's so not getting any dinner tonight. Unless dewormer counts as dinner.

When Donut heard the news, she was really upset. She really wanted to eat that thing.
Here's something we haven't seen in a while: MAD TEETH (tm)

And I include this photo because it makes Tweed appear handsome. The 20D loves Tweed.

At least someone does.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

could that little tasty treat be a you know what:s-q-u-i-r-r-e-l? At least Woo wants to eat it and not just 'play' with it...
I have not personally had any foster squirrels yet but our rescue is inundated with orphaned ducklings:catfiend

The Border Collies said...

I don't think it was a you-know-what because it had no tail. I felt *really* bad for it. I think I nearly killed Woo wrestling the little thing out of his jaws! I think it may have been a wee baby bunny - why did its mother build the nest in a DOG PARK so close to the trail? Poor little critter.

Dunedan said...

well, you DO feed raw, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love love love that picture of Tweed! Oh and when is that upy comming home? teehee!!

b13 said...

Poor little baby...thingy...

The blue eye gives away that killer look ;) And I love "MAD" teeth

Anonymous said...

L-o-v-e that pic of 'Jenn as Sasquatch'.

Poor baby bunny - although I am really impressed you were able to tackle Woo and wrestle it out. My husky has perfected the art of the sniff/swallow, gone before I can get out the 'O' in 'Nooooooo'

The Border Collies said...

Yeah, it was a stretch to think I could save the baby thing. but I had to give it a whirl. Too many years of rock n roll shows so I didn't hear it squeak in time - my gal pal who I was walking with is the one that heard the pitiful squeak and noticed he had something. If she hadn't noticed, he would have consumed it without anyone being any the wiser, I'm sure.

I was pretty surprised he gave it up though. And I am always amazed that a dog that is so gentle with the kitten can be such a monster to other small and furries!

Anonymous said...

I read your post and I though it was so sad that Woo was actually able to catch a little bunny...Then I was glad that Arabella is not fast enough to catch any of the animals on the farm because I knew she wouldn't give it up.

Today she brought me a Gofer and then she let me get it away from her. I guess she wanted to show me not to take her skills for granted.

Silka

Anonymous said...

Poor little bunny but Woo was just doing what dogs do.

I loved the picture of the West Coast Tree Monster running down the road with a tree in its mouth. And of Tweed knocking Woo's frisbee away from him.

You should take your portfolio with you when you go apartment hunting - who could resist you?

Molly said...

Woo sounds like our friend's basset hound who snacks on all the tasty baby squirrels that get blown out of their nest during high winds. *crunch* Blech!

Anonymous said...

_I_ love Tweed. Of course,I love him via internet from NYC.....

Anonymous said...

I Love Tweed!