Thursday, December 11, 2008

We Can Haz Winter Now?

I'm ready for wintersnowtimez now. I haz toque and everything.

Me too Tweed. But there is no snowtimez yet :(

No snowtimez??! Whu?

No wintersnowtimez make Wootie sad.

Wearing a toque makes Piper ANGRY!

Where did you go, snowtimez?


Without wintersnowtimez I'll die!

Donut, let me take your photo.

No.

Stupid cat.

Anyone know where there is snow within reasonable driving distance of Vancouver? We want to play in the white stuff / take photos this weekend, but having a heck of a time finding any. Who knew it would be so difficult?

Mmm ... I love snow.

ETA: If you have a couple of spare dollars this Christmas, consider donating to Casa Lupita in Granada. If you don't know who they are, read about Finn's time spent there helping street dogs earlier this year on her blog.

Visit the Casa Lupita site and click on the Donate Now tab. You can specify that you want the money to go to the clinic. Make a street dog's Christmas a good one this year!


ETA again: IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING! THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it - even better than the fake return of summer. Thanks for the smiles before I go to bed. I hope you find snow - for the dogs' sake and so we will have new pictures next week.

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goodness. The first picture of Woo is freaking hysterical. Great shots as always! :D

pam said...

Oh My God you gave me a chuckle this morning Mr. Woo. I'll send you some snow from Michigan.

EvenSong said...

Be patient, food lady! Spokane is supposed to get close to a foot over this weekend from an artic front on its way. Here in central Waa, maybe half that--it's skirting more to the north and east. I suspect you'll get some not too far east. Just watch out, tho, cause the temps are going to drop significantly too. Get out those googie sweaters to go with your ear muffs!

Donna said...

The local mountains have some snow, but aren't open for skiing yet -- try heading up to Cypress or Seymour, perhaps? (Let me know how it goes, I should see if my mutt wants to snap at snowballs.) :)

Anonymous said...

I was watching the weather network this morning and they were talking about snow in your area this weekend.

Wintersnowtimez may be on it's way - don't let Woo take that toque off!

Oh, and I'd send you some of our white stuff if I could...

dp said...

Yup, looks like snow will be on *your* doorstep soon enough. It is not, however, snowing in Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

I just love your great photos of your zany border collies and your hilarious captions. I look forward to every new episode. I hope you get some snow soon. Snow in Vancouver, if I remember rightly wasn't really much of a laugh but I am sure that you will manage to make it so.

Anonymous said...

It is 9am and I see snowflakes (big ugly wet ones, but still snow) out my window. Ask and you shall receive.

shihtzustaff said...

Don't worry you shall get your wish soon. There is a snowfall warning for Vancouver...

Anonymous said...

I know we have predictions for snow down here in Bellingham this weekend. Haven't looked at Vancouver's forecast.

Black Jack's Carol said...

This may not be quite what you are looking for, but have you ever noticed the pile of snow at Bridgeman? It's sort of fenced off, but I took Black Jack to play in it once. I think it's from a refrigeration unit (or something:) from the building beside it. A lady showed it to me once. Her two dogs played in it every day, even in warm weather. P.S. Black Jack left you and your gang a message after seeing snow this morning.

And yup, that first picture of Woo was truly priceless! Thanks for the smile.

MaskedMan said...

I would dearly love a half-foot to a foot of snow, about now.

It's been a dry year, though, and the snow isn't cooperating. *sigh* I so did want to see Suka up to her withers in snow...

Here's hoping your snow is a nice decorative one, but deep enough to satisfy the canine crowd's desire for snowtimez play.

Anonymous said...

lol!! this post and series made me laugh out loud. too funny. thanks for sharing!