Friday, March 05, 2010

Life's A Beach

At least, it was today.

Your Food Lady has been a busy girl! She's working on all kinds of things these days, including a special thank you to the lovely folks who donated to keep me (and by extension, Wootube) up and running. Watch your mailboxes!!

SAINTS photo shoot number 2 took place this week, and I think it gave me carpal tunnel syndrome. That'sa lotta dogsa! There's a sneak preview for you here later in this episode ;-)

So today was the first day I've had some free time, and I took advantage of it to spirit some very pouty dogs off to the beach for a couple of hours. They said after a week of being largely ignored, it was a nice gesture, but not good enough.

I'm leavin' on that midnight train to Georgia...
as soon as it shows up.
r0001

In an historic first, Tweed agrees with Woo, and is also thinking of hopping a boxcar and abandoning me.
r0009

Dexter, however, is just hoping to throw himself under the first train that comes along (he's a teenager; they are notoriously full of angst)
r0007

Boys are dumb.
(Piper has the retention span of a goldfish, and has already forgotten she was annoyed with me)
r00012

Piper called me a name *pout*
r00010

But the allure of the ocean jollied them out of their pissy moods.

And there was rejoicing.

Hurrah!
r00024

And there was DumbBall
r00020

And there was irritating-Tweed-by-following-him-around-which-we-know-he-hates-but-we-do-it-anyway-just-to-be-pesty.
r00016

And then I had to stop with the photos, because my wrist was swearing at me. Now there are dog-shaped piles of sand making the floor look arty, and 4 soggy and tired dogs heaped around under furniture.

This leaves me some time to edit more SAINTS photos.

This time around we tried to simulate a studio effect. For Every. Single. Dog. It took a long time.

I say simulate because, of course, we have no studio. All we had were some white sheets, a reflector and many packages of tempting Snausages.

But I think the results were quite good, all things considered.

I can't see them, but I can sure frickin' smell them. Where are the damn Snausages?
ss2076

I have some difficulty standing. If you were less cruel, and appreciated my Dexter-like ears, you'd give me a Snausage.
ss2053

I don't need your stinkin' Snausages. But don't touch my monkey.
ss2023

SnAUsaGEs! SNaUsagES! SNaUSagEs!
ss209b

All in all, I think they turned out quite well! At least for most of the dogs. A few were not so cooperative, and in a couple of other cases, I just failed to get a really nice shot.

Carol told me this evening that Rose passed away this afternoon. I am now sad that I didn't get a really love photo of her during the session - a hard lesson to learn when photographing SAINTS dogs ... you may not get a second chance.

RIP Rose.
ss2061

It's hard to stay sad, though, when Dexter The Canine Spider goes dancing past you like this:
r00015

I *definitely* got the weird puppy.

10 comments:

RachelB said...

Sweet, sweet pictures! Take good care of that wrist, Food Lady. Repetitive stress injuries are no fun.

MalaysianFan said...

Food Lady, when you gear up to sell prints on-line, please include the last one in this post -- the canine spider. Priceless!

Angus said...

What a simply wonderful set of photos. I'm tempted to try the white sheet and reflector routine with the two boyz but I know we wouldn't get anywhere. You must have great patience.

pibble said...

So sorry about Rose. I think the picture you posted is lovely, after all, she is smiling for the camera and looking very relaxed. What more can we ask? The pictures of the other SAINTS pooches are just amazing, too!

Now about your monkeys... I have to say, they are Just. Amazing. Dogs. Beautiful in all respects.

Keep up the great work!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Rose. RIP dear Rose. That has to be hard work to get pictures of dogs...I mean really great pictures like you do. I can take 100 pictures of Holly and maybe one or two will turn out halfway okay. I love your shots though...on the train tracks, in the ocean..just having fun! Love, Debbie and Hollydog

riosmom said...

Wonderful pictures of SAINTS dogs. Are the pictures for the SAINTS web site or a fund raiser for them? RIP Rose.

The pictures of your guys are great as always. Dexter is becoming as much a character as Woo. Haven't seen Woo's flamboyance (tm)in a while and miss it.

Tips DOWN, Dexter.

Two French Bulldogs said...

What awesome oictures!!
Benny & Lily

Two French Bulldogs said...

Your pictures are awesome. Sorry if this posts twice. Lily stepped on the computer.
Benny (& Lily)

afinstrom said...

Any of the shots you get of your pups would be cherished heirlooms in most families due to the scarcity of nice photos.

They really are fantastic and I would love to learn how to take phots like that since I get envious everytime I see them!

The SAINTS shots are beautiful!

angie said...

oh no, what happened to rose? :(

cute pics!

isn't it COLD?! i can't even imagine going to the beach right now in florida! and my dogs are even bigger pusses that i am!